Every year the United States burns 1 billion tons of coal to produce electricity. 66% of that electricity is wasted. Genability is working to make a cleaner, more elastic energy grid.
Genability also institutes green practices in our daily operations. Our employees commute to work on Muni’s no emission buses or by hybrid car (and one guy on 100% biodiesel), we are a virtually paperless office, we have reusable whiteboard walls, and we recycle. In honor of Earth Day 2011, Genability and its employees are pledging to stay green and go greener. Here are some of the ways we, as individuals and a company, are going greener.
Genability Green Resolutions:
- We will spend April 22, without our overhead lights.
- Create a home compost pile.
- Car Free Day, travel exclusively by clean public transportation or by foot.
- Use personal water bottle instead of buying bottled water.
- Donate clothes to Good Will.
- Use reusable grocery bags instead of paper bags for lunch.
What are your Earth Day resolutions?